Friday, September 7

Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the start of a new school year. Meeting Garrett's new teacher, his new friends, their parents. I love the pre-school track meet and can't wait for Colby to participate. I love high-school and college football (you can have the Titans). It's the only place I'll eat a hot dog and the excitement level is great. I love Halloween and how excited the boys are about dressing up. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year. My birthday is also in the fall - so that may have something to do with it. Why is it that in March, when it's in the 50s, it's cold - but in November it's just perfect? I love the colors, sounds and smells of fall.

In order to renew yourself, you must shed the old. In order for spring to be so green, fall must come first. Maybe that's it for me. It's the purge before the new. Or maybe it's just all the stuff I love happens in the fall. Maybe it's because I don't like summer and fall means summer is over. I don't know - but I know it's coming and I can't wait!

Happy fall everyone!

No comments: