Friday, February 13

Happy Valentine's Day

I don't like Valentine's Day. Never really have. Funny thing is, I married the perfect man in that respect. He doesn't either. Once, when we were dating, we decided we'd go out for dinner. HA! We couldn't find a restaurant that had less than a 2 hour wait. Then he suggested we go out to some fast food place. Well, you don't get me to fix my hair and make-up for FAST FOOD. You just don't. Anyway, it was one of the worst fights we'd had to that point. Mostly because we were both hungry and a little cranky. And I just did not want a burger. That was at least 13 years ago.

We haven't celebrated Valentine's Day since.

Now, before you say anything. Let me tell you - I don't need a special day to tell my husband how much I love him. And I don't need flowers or candy to know how much he loves me. I'd rather he just help me clean the house. Or take the boys outside so I could take a long bath. And he'd rather...well, never mind.

Even if we went out to eat, it could cost us better than $100 by the time we paid for babysitting. And do you know how hard it is to find someone available on Valentine's weekend?! And how crowded restaurants are?! And all of that would just stress me out. Not worth it.

Anyway, we do have a day we celebrate - our anniversary - just 3 months later - so that works for us.

Have a happy Valentine's Day anyway everyone. I'll have a good day - even if I don't get flowers, candy or a hot date!

1 comment:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

haha...clean the house is exactly what Thad did for me, and totally perfect for me. it was such a surprise. I wasn't expecting anything at all and he could not have chosen a better thing to do!!
Whoohoo on the chocolate strawberries though! I'm so with you V'tines day, but I will also admit that when they do something it's nice too!