Monday, December 17

Christmas Traditions - Part 2

Oh. my. goodness! THE COOKIES. My grandfather used to make cookies. When he passed away, my husband asked for the recipes so he could continue the tradition. WELL, it's grown. So far this year I think he's made about 30 dozen cookies. And still has many, many more to make.

We take them to work, to school parties, family parties. AND we give them as gifts. Go to the dollar store, buy a bunch of plates or platters, load 'em up with cookies. This year, we bought 20 plates. The neighbors, my cousins, our siblings, even the boys' teachers are getting cookies. At least we give them away, so I'm not eating them all. And we don't have many left over.

It's tiring to make all those cookies. But he enjoys it and we enjoy wrapping them up and delivering them. We even let the boys have one or two from each batch. And I do get to sneak the dough every once in a while.

No comments: