Wednesday, April 22

Daycare

I work. I like my job, but I call it my second choice. I want to be at home. Since I work, I have to have daycare. For just over 7 years, my children have been in daycare. For 6 1/2 years they have been at the same one - ever since we moved. My youngest has never gone anywhere else. I have been very happy with the teachers there. Similar to the way I feel about my job, I call my daycare my second choice.

My oldest is now in school, but has been going there during the summers. This summer was going to be our last. My youngest starts Kindergarten in the fall. We don't need child care except during the breaks and the school has a good program.

But - yesterday. They met parents at the door (in the morning, when everyone is in a hurry) to tell us they've decided to close the center at the end of May. Now, they said the economy wasn't supporting keeping the center open. Baloney. That center is full. I'm not going to get into it here, but I told the district manager exactly what I thought about that. Then called the corporate office & gave then a piece of my mind also. I was controlled and polite, but was sure to let them hear my frustration and made sure they knew how angry and disappointed I was.

Now, I have to find a new daycare for my youngest. FOR TWO MONTHS! PART TIME for two months. And hope that this crazy transition doesn't mess up his transition to Kindergarten in August. He may handle it better than I am. Kids are much more resilient than adults. But that doesn't stop the worry - and the anger.

I'm dealing, and he'll have a new place by the time his closes. And in August, he'll start Kindergarten at the "big school" with his brother and won't remember all of this. Please, pray for all of us.

1 comment:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

oh girl...that stinks!!! But you are so right, kiddos usually handle things much better than we kiddos!! We'll be thinking about you and say a prayer that you find just the perfect place for him!!!