Thursday, April 16

Tea Parties!!

I had an amazing time! I have never done anything like that in my life. And I am PUMPED. I'm ready to get involved and do anything I possibly can to keep this up. We are in danger of losing our republic if we do not start paying more attention to what is going on in Washington.

Yes, I'm angry about what's been said about it. How the people are being insulted by the media and left-wing politicians. How the people are just angry and aren't smart enough to organize by themselves. We must be driven (or paid) by a party. Oh, yeah, and everyone there was a "right-wing extremist" and is on the Homeland Security watch list. But those who were at a tea party (any of them) know the truth and it will spread thanks to blogs and word of mouth. You cannot deny what you see.

It was like one huge pep rally. And the horn honking! If you were in Tennesse around 10 years ago, you remember the income tax protests that went on for years. Every time you drove the capital, you honked your horn to let the legislature know you were against it. And it worked. And yesterday it was continued. You could barely hear the speakers because of the horns. It was peaceful, too. Amazing with 10000 people crammed into that space. And clean when we left.

There was no party affiliation yesterday. In fact, I saw signs that blamed Bush for the spending as much as Obama. And they were right. It's about responsibility. And it's about "we, the people" taking responsibility as well. Responsibility for who we send to Washington. Responsibility for watching them while they're there.

I do have pictures, but my batteries died and I need to get new ones before I can upload them. Hopefully some time today.

No comments: