Monday, May 12

Mother's Day - Part 2

I didn't mean for my Mother's Day post to be depressing. It's true, Mother's Day is a hard day for me. I'm sure it is for all those who don't have their mothers any more.

I have truly wonderful children & husband. AND extended family. We don't like dealing with the crowds, so we go to my aunt's for lunch - my uncle makes the best. mashed potatoes. EVER! We exchange cards, play with the kids, relax, whatever. I even took a NAP when we got home!

I got my very own remote for our new Wii. And a movie my kids have been dying to see (my husband lets them pick out their own gifts). I have the pictures they drew me and the Mother's Day projects they do at school - those are my favorite gifts anyway.

It's a good day, really, but it's a hard week leading up to it. I hope all the other mommies out there had a good day. Now, it's back to work...

No comments: