Tuesday, April 15

Before & After

Several weeks ago I had to put the fear of Mom into my kids. They had let their rooms, the bonus room and my office (which is also the homework & art room and where all their books are) get into a mess - here's one example:

It took two days - three hours in the room above. But all of them now look like this:

Afterward, we had a meeting. I told them the next time it got like that, I am going through the rooms with the shop-vac & garbage bags and not looking back. Part of this is my fault. I pretended this wasn't happening. I will not do that again.

They're doing better. Even my three year old is putting his clothes in the hamper and dishes in the sink. And they are making their beds every morning. All the toys and books have a place and we pick up every night before bed.

It's getting warmer, which is always a good thing. They spend more time outside and there are fewer messes inside. But my inside will never look like this again. If anyone knows any tricks for keeping them (and me) motivated - I could use some ideas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job with the clean! It helps me to read http://unclutterer.com/ every day