Tuesday, April 1

Where is the Fat Lady?!

Man, oh man. We went for the post-op follow up today. Garrett's eyes have straightend and he's not having any complications from the surgery. YAY!! He's still swollen and the stitches are still in there (I can see them when I put his medicine in), but that's all normal and could take a couple of weeks to go away. They even lifted all of his restrictions today. BUT, we have to go back - again - in two months. The doctor indicated that after that we would go back to regular check-ups for vision checks, not muscular problems.

After the last visit in November, we thought everything was fine. But we had to go back for a follow up in February - when they told us about the surgery. Honestly, I'm not worried. He's responded to all the treatments. The surgery was easy and successful. I think I'm just ready to not think about it. I'm tired of asking him over and over again to look at me so I can see which way his eyes are looking. I'm ready for this chapter to close. And I'm grateful that we're one step closer - I just wish there weren't so many steps!

No comments: