Saturday, April 26

It worked!

So, after the big clean the boys have been really great about picking up after themselves. I've been really proud of them for taking on some added responsibilties. Last night, while I was cleaning house, Colby decided he wanted to help - so he fed the cat. Of course, being 3, he spilled cat food all over the bathroom floor, but he didn't tell me. He decided to clean it up himself. I didn't know he was doing this because I was in the kitchen. Later, when I went to turn the bathroom light off so they could sleep, I found this:


I'd been to soccer practice, had been cleaning for 2 hours and still had to pack for the campout. It took every ounce of restraint I had to thank him for taking care of the cat and trying to help. But I wanted to scream because I was just so exhausted. Well, I wanted them to understand how to take care of their things and the house - and I guess he's learning. I won't complain and now a week later, I can laugh.

No comments: